WELCOME TO YEAR 3/4!
The teacher in Year 3/4 is Mrs. Thompson. She is supported by Miss Hopkins.
Click below to see the photographs of the Year 4 trip to the St. Madoc Centre!
The topic for the first half of the Autumn Term 2017 is REVOLUTION and is based on the study of the Victorians. The overview for the topic can be viewed/downloaded here: revolution-year-3-4-autumn-17-overview
WE WILL BE VISITING BIG PIT ON MONDAY 16th OCTOBER TO STUDY MINING IN VICTORIAN TIMES. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A PACKED LUNCH AND WEAR SCHOOL UNIFORM!
HOMEWORK – Friday 13th October 2017
For your homework this week I would like you to find out about Dr. Barnardo. What did he do to help children during Victorian times and what does his charity still do today?
Please bring your Learning Journal back to school for marking by Wednesday 18th October.
Please remember to return your reading book and Reading Record each Monday.
- P.E. kit – Please ensure that you have a PE kit in school all week. Our PE lesson will usually be on Wednesday afternoon and is currently focusing on gymnastics. However this is occasionally subject to change.
- Please bring a water bottle to school each Monday. This should be taken home for washing each Friday.
- Please bring in your reading books and Reading Records on Monday.
- Please bring your Learning Journals back for marking on Wednesday.
- New Learning Journal Homework and spelling words will be given out on Friday.
- Water bottles and P.E. kits should be taken home for washing on Friday.
DINNER MONEY IS NOW PAYABLE ONLINE VIA THE NEW sQuid SYSTEM.
FRUIT MONEY SHOULD BE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE ON A HALF TERMLY BASIS.
I CAN ANIMATE
During the year we will be making stop frame animations in class using the iPads and an app. called “I can animate”.
A lite version of this app. is free to download from the Apple App Store. The full version (which we use in school) costs £2.29.
We use a gooseneck iPad holder that clips on to the table to keep the iPad stable. The stand is available on Ebay for under £5 including P&P.
If you would like any advice about this app. or the stand please feel free to speak to me before or after school and I will do my best to help!